UNC Salutes: Honored Alumni and Service Awards
The University of Northern Colorado boasts outstanding alumni and dedicated friends from all walks of life. Each year, the UNC Alumni Association recognizes some of our most distinguished alumni and friends at the Honored Alumni and Service Awards program during Homecoming Weekend. The Honored Alumni and Service Awards are the highest awards the Alumni Association can bestow.
Nominations for the 2014 awards are currently being accepted for the following categories:
- Distinguished Alumnus/a of the Year Award* is bestowed in recognition of exemplary personal and professional achievement in one’s chosen field. This achievement may be manifested through lifelong distinguished achievements and/or a one-time significant and distinguished achievement.
- Distinguished Alumni Service Award* acknowledges significant contributions of time and talents on behalf of the University and the Alumni Association.
- Alumni Spirit Award* honors a graduate of the last decade for exceptional achievements in career, public service, and/or volunteerism that brings honor to the University.
- Distinguished Service Award recognizes a former faculty or staff member for outstanding teaching, service and/or research contributions at the University of Northern Colorado.
- Distinguished Honorary Alumnus/a of the Year Award is bestowed upon friends who demonstrate extraordinary dedication to the University of Northern Colorado through leadership, vision, creativity, generosity and/or by increasing UNC's stature and impact in the larger community.
* Recipients must be a graduate or former student of the University of Northern Colorado.
Nominators are asked to submit their nominations to the Alumni Association by Feb 1, 2014. The nominator will be the contact person until the honorees are chosen.
How to Nominate a Potential Honoree:
- Please click here to download the current nomination form.
- Nominators are also asked to submit a biography of the nominee that does not exceed two pages. In this biography, please include all significant accomplishments and details that qualify the nominee for this award.
Submissions that do not include a current nomination form and a maximum two-page biography will not be considered. Although not required, you may also include a curriculum vitae or résumé, letters of recommendation, and any other relevant supporting documents.
The Alumni Association will notify the nominators directly. If your candidate is not selected this year, we encourage you to resubmit the nomination.