About the Alumni Association
The University of Northern Colorado Alumni Association (UNCAA) serves all UNC alumni and was established to engage graduates with alma mater. The UNCAA sponsors programs, services, and communications that continually promote the lifelong relationship shared between UNC and more than 125,000 graduates. Membership into the UNCAA is automatically granted to all graduates and is FREE of charge. On this page you will find a variety of information about the Association, please use the links below to move around the page:
The UNCAA offers graduates many ways to remain involved in the life of UNC and the Alumni Association. If, as you are visiting our website, you have a question and/or want to make a suggestion or comment, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
The University of Northern Colorado Alumni Association engages current and future alumni and the University through programs, benefits and services to enrich lifelong relationships.
Back to top
The Board's work was guided by its recently adopted mission statement and contains six organizational values that support the UNCAA’s mission:
- An alumni association that has direction, stated values and goals that are transparent and fundamental to the sustainability of the association.
- An alumni association board that is informed, active, resilient, and strategically partnered with the University that adapts well to changes in technology and trends within the field. The board is comprised of volunteers looking to make a difference and be an impact to the alumni association.
- A strong, strategic and sustainable events program consisting of multi-faceted events that enrich all alumni who attend.
- An alumni volunteer engagement plan that encompasses recruitment, relations with campus partners and succession planning.
- A philosophy to increase and enrich interactions with current students.
- A consistent identity that portrays the alumni association as the vehicle of involvement for alumni, wherever they live.
The UNCAA values are portrayed in the Star Model (below). This visual interpretation highlights five essential trademarks of UNCAA’s alumni programming: Career and Education, Volunteer Engagement, Local and Regional Activities, Students and Young Alumni, and Affinity Programs (alumni benefits). These components are buttressed by four connectors (or mainstays) of the UNCAA’s foundation: technology, strategic communications, campus partnerships and philanthropy.
Back to top
UNCAA committees are the engines that drive the alumni association, and are always looking for dedicated alumni who are willing to volunteer their time. Committees meet as described in their committee descriptions and as needed.
- Alumni Scholarship Committee: Responsible for selecting the Alumni Associationís scholarship recipients for the University of Northern Colorado.
- Events Committee: Responsible for providing advice and feedback to the Alumni Relations office regarding alumni events.
- Honored Alumni Selection Committee: Responsible for selecting nominees for inclusion in the Alumni Associationís Hall of Honored Alumni.
- Partnership Engagement Committee: Responsible for recommending strategic partnerships with other campus offices, affinity alumni groups and maintaining connections with former board members.
- Regional Outreach Committee: Help identify potential regional activities and volunteer networks outside of Greeley, CO.
- Volunteer Engagement Committee: Responsible for recruiting volunteers to the Alumni Association.
- Student Engagement Committee: Responsible for creating a partnership with the Student Alumni Association and increasing engagement with all future alumni.
In December 2012, the UNCAA Board of Directors adopted new organizational documents that outline a strategic and sustainable alumni association dedicated to engaging all alumni. The visionary work of the Board resulted in an updated Constitution and By-Laws, and a Strategic Plan that creates new avenues of engagement for all alumni
Back to top